Galloway greenway trail reconstruction south of Sequiota Park complete


In June, City contractor Liming Concrete, LLC completed reconstruction of a deteriorating section of the Galloway Greenway Trail between Sequiota Park and Republic Road.

The project replaced 2,700 feet of existing asphalt trail with a new 8- to 10-foot-wide concrete surface compliant with Americans with Disabilities Act standards.

The Galloway Creek Greenway Trail is the highest-used section of trail in the City and continues to grow in popularity, connecting neighborhoods and businesses to the Springfield Conservation Nature Center, Springfield Lake, and Pershing Elementary and Middle Schools.

The project cost approximately $141,380, funded 80% through a Surface Transportation Block Grant through the Missouri Department of Transportation, with the remaining 20% funded through the City’s 1/8-cent Transportation Sales Tax.


Comments are closed.