The Oak Grove Neighborhood Association wants you!
If you live between Ingram Mill on the east and Glenstone on the west and Grand on the north and Sunshine on the south, then you live in the Oak Grove Neighborhood. Our goal is to provide a clean, safe, and friendly place for people to live, work and grow, by being involved with various community events in partnership with the city as a whole. Some of the major events we host are bi-monthly meetings of our general membership, usually with an
interesting speaker that speaks to something of interest for our area.
We have a PAR officer from the Springfield Police Department who is assigned to our area and keeps us abreast of any problems in our neighborhood and what we can do to protect ourselves.
Some of the other events we sponsor and/ or participate in are:
- A three-day neighborhood garage sale in July.
- A City-wide National Night Out in August.
- A neighborhood block party in September.
- We participate in the Bass Pro Marathon in November by providing a water station for the runners.
- There’s a neighborhood cleanup in November as well at the East Grand Church of Christ, where we put trash and recycling containers and accept brush, leaves, and large-object trash, including appliances, furniture and anything else one needs to get rid of. We even have volunteers that will come and pick up things if you can’t get it to the church.
- Ongoing projects are our “Adopt-A-Street” program in which we’re responsible for picking up trash on Bennett between Oak Grove and Belcrest. We do that three times a year.
We help people deal with nuisance properties and sponsor improvements to our parks and sidewalks when possible as well. We are trying to get as many of our residents as is possible, to complete the Neighborhood Watch training that the Police Department offers. We participate with the City through their Neighborhood Advisory Council and try and keep all of our membership up to date with what the city is doing as a whole that might affect us in our Oak Grove area. If you want to help and join, send your name, address, email and phone number to to Cindy Cooper with $5 per person or $10 per household to Treasurer Cindy Cooper, P.O. Box 3128, Springfield, MO 65808.