Reconstruction of Galloway Greenway Trail south of Sequiota Park to begin in April


The City has contracted with Liming Concrete, LLC to begin the reconstruction of a deteriorating section of the Galloway Greenway Trail. Work will begin in April between Sequiota Park and Republic Road.

The project will replace approximately 2,700 feet of existing asphalt trail with a new 8- to 10-foot-wide concrete surface compliant with Americans with Disabilities Act standards.

The new trail will follow the same trail alignment and will require no tree removals. However, trail users should expect full trail closures for a significant portion of the project, expected to last 90 days.

The Galloway Creek Greenway Trail is the most used section of trail in the city and continues to grow in popularity, connecting neighborhoods and businesses to the Springfield Conservation Nature Center, Springfield Lake, and Pershing Elementary and Middle Schools.

Estimated to cost approximately $141,380, the reconstructed is funded 80% through a Surface Transportation Block Grant through the Missouri Department of Transportation, with the remaining 20% funded through the City’s 1/8-cent Transportation Sales Tax.


Comments are closed.